A Level Business Studies
Business Studies gives insights into how and why businesses operate. It helps you to develop understanding of how decisions are made and how they affect people. The course covers a broad range of business related topics and enables students to understand the wide, varied role of business in today’s society.
This course helps to develop understanding that is invaluable to those students who are approaching the workplace.
Course Units - 2 at AS / 2 at A2
- AS 1: Introduction to Business (20%)
- AS 2: Growing the Business (20%)
- A2 1: Strategic Decision Making (30%)
- A2 2: The Competitive Business Environment (30%)
All units are exam based.
A Level Business Studies Entry Requirements
This qualification requires pupils to have:
7 GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths. A GCSE grade B in Business Studies is required or grade B in English or related subject.
This course could lead to careers in:
- Starting your own business
- Personnel Management
Higher Education in:
- Business and management degrees
- Business and IT
- Other Business related courses